Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nursery DIY Projects

Pin It
I wanted baby E's nursery to be very warm and personal, and my nesting instinct was going crazy, so I decided to add a lot of custom DIY touches to her nursery.  I turned again to Pinterest for ideas and once again it did not disappoint :)  Visit my Nursery Board on Pinterest to see all of the great DIY ideas I found!

When I finally decided which of the projects I wanted to tackle for E's nursery I hit up my local thrift stores for supplies, went to home depot for paint to match the colors I had chosen for the nursery and got to work!

Here are some of the DIY touches that fill her nursery: 


I bought this shelf at a local thrift store for only $2!  It was a hideous green color but I knew it was the perfect size for what I wanted and who can beat that price.  After a little sanding and paint  it turned out good as new.  I then went to World Market and found the adorable knobs to add a fun shabby chic touch to the shelf.  I just love how it turned out!


This little shutter was another great thrift store find! All I had to do is repaint it and we had a cute little holder for all of baby E's hair accessories :)  The bible verse has always been one of my favorites and I knew it would be perfect for a nursery.  It is just on of the many customizable nursery art designs available in the Decorable Designs shop!  I just put the print in a frame from Walmart, which I painted pink, and it makes a great accent piece for her room.


 Here is another custom nursery art print I designed for E's nursery (I love this song by Sidewalk Prophets)!  Again, I painted the frame pink to match, as well as the cute little lantern I found at Target.


Baby E's bookshelf was overflowing with books before she was even born, so I created this cute little bookshelf from 2 milk crates I purchased from Micheal's.  It also doubles as a side table for the rocking chair!


All of these projects were so simple, inexpensive and fun to create! Best of all they really tie the design of her room together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment